What are Dental Veneers?
Dental Veneers (sometimes called porcelain veneers or dental porcelain laminates) are thin shells that fit over the front of teeth to improve your appearance. A veneer is much thinner than normal fillings, and takes only a short time to be applied, or bonded onto your teeth. veneers can often transform a tooth into a healthy, white smile in one appointment.
Types of Dental Veneers
Dental veneers are either made of porcelain or composite resin. Porcelain veneers are more resistant to staining than resin veneers, though they do not reflect light as much as natural teeth. Your dentist can advise you which material is best for your dental work
There are a variety of dental issues that can be solved with veneers, including the following:
- Root canal
- Stains from drugs
- Too much fluoride
- Large-sized resin fillings
- Teeth that have been worn down.
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Teeth that are twisted, uneven, or irregularly shaped
- Teeth that are off-center or have a gap between them.
Benefits of Dental Veneer
There are many benefits to getting dental veneers, such as
- Dental veneers look like natural teeth.
- Porcelain is well-tolerated by gums.
- Porcelain veneers are very resilient to staining.
- A color can be picked to make your teeth appear whiter.
- Veneers can be placed quickly while being strong enough to withstand daily use.